DiffPlug can display the following primitives:
- rgb images saved as arrays (array must type
UInt8with 3 dimensions, where the 3rd dimension has length 3)
- 2D numeric arrays of any type (floating point, integer, logical, sparse, or complex)
- string values
Breaking down structs and cell arrays
When DiffPlug encounters a scalar struct or object, it lists out every field recursively.
However, when DiffPlug encouters a cell array or an array of struct, it might be that listing out every single value is too verbose. To address this, DiffPlug wil display the entirety of the first few values, but then show an ellipsis for the rest.
What is shown
DiffPlug compares all entries within the MAT-File, and then shows you only the entries which have changed.
Additions and removals
When a value has been added or removed, DiffPlug displays the removed structure recursively within a scroll view, so that you can understand the full context of the change.
DiffPlug is fully compatible with Mathworks® MATLAB® MAT-File format versions v6 and v7.
- v6 is the default format from R8 to R13
- v7 is the default format from R14 to present
- v7.3 is not supported by DiffPlug, and MATLAB does not export to v7.3 by default. See the Mathworks® website for more details.