Library blocks and other kinds of Reference blocks are indicated by a in the lower left. If you right-click one of these blocks, you will see the Open or compare reference menu item.
This opens the Reference Browser.
DiffPlug will automatically search in folders nearby the model file to find an implementation file which satisfies the reference. These will be added to the list of Folders containing implementations.
If DiffPlug isn’t finding the folder you requested, click the Browse button to search for other files.
Once you have found one or more instantiations of the library, you can perform any of the following:
- Open a library block (by double-clicking its entry in the table)
- Compare different versions of the library block
- click one library version, then hold control while you double-click the second library version.
- drag one library version onto another
- control-click multiple versions, then hold control while right-clicking
You might prefer for the implementation to automatically open when you double-click its reference, rather than going through the Reference Browser every time. This can be accomplished using the Auto open list.
If your model has one (and only one) implementation in the folders on the Auto open list, then that implementation will automatically be opened when you double-click it. You can populate the Auto open list by dragging folders to it.
You can also view the Auto open list without opening a model by going to Help -> Preferences
Here, you can export and import your list of Auto open paths so that you may share them with colleagues.